Friday, May 13, 2011

Personal Narrative

I really enjoyed going over our Personal Narratives in class with a small group. I felt like my group was very understanding and did not judge what I had to say. I felt bad for breaking down while reading but my story about my father is very emotional for me. I really do want to share what I wrote but I do not want people to think my stories are boring and not necessary because each part of the diary entry I wrote is an event that is a memory that I will never forget. Becca and Bethany definitely made me feel less scared to actually share my story with others. I want people to understand the reason why I am the way that I am. Hopefully many people decide to share and we are able to get to know our senior classmates even better.

2 comments:

  1. Nora,
    Your personal narrative really hit home for me.
    My father and i dont have a realationship at all and i am glad that even through your hardtimes you have learned a life lesson to carry on into your future!
    YOUR A GREAT GIRL annd I LOVE YOU!

    And i agree the peer editing this time was MUCH more effective and i feel everyone had so much helpful critisizim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming into this paper is somewhat of a challenge for everyone. Whether it is because of the actual writing we have to do, or the story that we are telling. My paper is not really personal in the sense that I am hesitant to share it, but I would never judge you or anyone else because of their experiences and life happenings. Even though The Color Purple tends to erk me to judge some of its characters at times, I know that everyone is different and we all have things that occur throughout our lives that affect each of us differently than it would somebody else. I also know that others even judge me and I still love them for who they are. I may not go out of my way for the person, but I would never hate them because they have different feelings than me about a particular thing.

    ReplyDelete