Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Essay-Quiz Taking Strategy:

I found that this strategy worked rather well timewise today: First, I went through all of the short answer questions and wrote whatever I knew about them, and if I got the least bit stuck at all, I skipped some lines and moved on to the next question. For example, I couldn't remember much about the question about Anatole's wish, so I wrote a few sentences to jog my memory later about it, and then I moved on to the question after that. I didn't waste time getting stuck on a single short answer question just because I couldn't remember. I did the same thing when it came to the question about the ant scourge. I wrote down a few sentences (not the whole answer) because I couldn't think of the rest, but at least then I didn't have to start blindly when I went back through the quiz. Then, I eventually got to the BIG essay question. I looked at the clock and there was tons of time available for it! Starting it earlier this time than previous times was a big help because I didn't feel rushed to write a bunch in a short amount of time. At the end of the BIG essay, I went back to the questions I had left unfinished and finished the quickest ones of those (by this time, I had already written the main essay, so my mind was very engrained in the story, making recalling a little bit easier). I saved the one that I COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME remember, and searched through the book until I found it. I finished the whole quiz with a few minutes left and I didn't feel rushed at all through it. Everyone has their own strategy, but I just thought I would share mine in case anyone wants to try a different one.

3 comments:

  1. Ya know, I might have to try your strategy Taylor! The last quiz was HORRIBLE for me time wise!! I ran out of time on the big essay and didn't finish two other questions. Needless to say Im looking for a new strategy and I think yours sounds GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great time management Taylor! The worst thing you can do is fret about the answers you don't know and waste time stressing or looking. I always like to browse through the short answer, then start with the big essay, and finally work my way backwards with the other responses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use that same strategy taylor and it generally works out really good. The thing that hurt me the most with this quiz was being all the way on exodus and the quiz being soo far back toward the beinging of the book it was hard to recall such details even with anotating the book. I feel like i did the worst on this quiz because of the delay and the length of it. Had we of had it before break i feel like i would have done considerably better

    ReplyDelete