Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Remember...

I remember the very first week of College English: Ms. Stariha made me about crap my pants when she told me that this class was going to be a lot of work. My very first paper, I didn't get the grade I wanted, although it was a pretty solid grade. I thought I had put a lot of work into it--a total of about two hours. I thought, "Gee, this had better be a good paper 'cause I put more work into this than any of the other ones I had written." It came back about a B- or so, and I was rather upset because I had put time into it.

I'm tellin' ya...lots of work is PAYING OFF BIG TIME! I put HOURS UPON HOURS into my rhetorical analysis essay, and it was worth it...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah the first day was pretty scary! But the time I've put into my papers is paying off as well! I can see the difference from my first paper to the rhetorical analyisis paper and its pretty darn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was a little sketchy in the beginning but now that I'm in the class and hopefully almost past it, it really hasn't been as bad as i expected but I would hope to earn a good final grade in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. College isnt going to be easy...and this class is well preparing us! As much as we complain...we will be thankful when our english classes role around next fall!
    thanks ms. starhia!

    ReplyDelete