Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Each Has A Story...

Opinions are beautiful things; they let us express ourself and our stands on issues. It certainly seems like we're exercising our opinions quite frequently in this class! And yesterday's discussion on honor was a perfect example.
I agree with most people that we have different ways of describing what honor is. To me, receiving honor is to be recognized for your actions. Whether those actions be academic (honor roll), military, community (awards for service), or otherwise, being honored for something means you did something that others feel was good for society. One memory of being honored was at a middle school science fair. I received an honorable mention award for my project. It said to me: You did a good job on this project and we appreciate you coming out and presenting it to the community. Being honorable doesn't always mean putting your life down for your country or others (which is most definitly honorable), it can be as simple as recognition at a science fair.
I haven't had many interactions with honor. What I do know is that it can be bestowed upon different types of people and circumstances. This is just my vision of what honor is to me, part of my opinion. If we all put our opinions together without critisism, we could make a beauiful mosaic of opinions and people!

1 comment:

  1. At times you are going to be challenged, but I always want you to feel comfortable to share your opinions.

    ReplyDelete