Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Goals and Concerns...

First of all, my goals:
I am aiming to get an A in this class, much like anyone else. However, that is not all I want. I want to learn how to truly enjoy literature for all it is to be enjoyed for. I also want to learn how to enjoy reading in general. I have never really enjoyed it, mainly because I feel I haven't found the "right book" yet. It's always been a chore rather than a hobby of mine. I really wish to change that.

Next, my concerns:
I am concerned that I won't have enough time with work and school and extracurriculars to finish my work. I know that if I learn to manage my time I shouldn't have a problem, but I'm a procrastinator. I definitely put things off until the last minute for just about everything. I work until 6:00 every other day and it doesn't sound like a lot, but it can be rather demanding.

4 comments:

  1. You sound very serious.... which is a good thing!!
    If you write like this on your free time, I'm scared to see how good you can write in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the blankady blank blank do you join?!?
    I've been trying to for almost an hour and I've only found out how to post replies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you completely. I also would like to learn how to enjoy literature and enjoy the books that I wouldn't have chosen myself. One of my main concerns also is that I won't be able to manage my time but I am hoping that won't conflict with studies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find the literature in this class intriguing. I try to pick pieces that I know will get students engaged... sometimes the literature will infuriate you, sometimes it will inspire you... but hopefully (if you read it), it will spark some response in you besides boredom. And coming from a former procastinator (still struggling)... use the schedules and look ahead. It will help!

    ReplyDelete