Friday, December 17, 2010

50 Years From Now...

50 years from now I realize how much I have missed throughout the years. I am married now with four children. Three boys and a precious little girl. They're all starting there own families and I now have grandchildren. I tell them stories of their parents growing up and how much the remind me of each other. My husband and I are retired and living in a beautiful waterfront house in Florida. We sit in our chairs on the beach talking about our first date and the day of our wedding...how times have changed.

Technology is everywhere now, is a necessity by all -- almost like the air we breathe. So many things have developed that I couldn't even have imagined occurring years ago. They have even found a cure for cancer, a miraculous discovery! But through all the technology family is still the core of my life. My husband, kids, and grandchildren are what keep me going each day. They're what put a smile on my face and keep laughter in my voice. And for my husband and I, we're still as in love as we were in college....

2 comments:

  1. I like this writing of yours just as much now as I did in class when you first read it. :) Its very good Beth! Its a very developed "free write" and very nice for how short of a time we had to write it in class. I like how your paper has a positive and hopeful outlook about your future. I sure hope that we will all be able to grow older and live the way your paper describes.
    It is also good that you have an understanding about how there will always be problems we will have to face due to technology that will always be moving at a fast pace and making it even harder to be close to family and friends (as it already does). I do, however, like how technology helps people medically and in many other ways and I hope that one day it will be possible for scientists to find a cure for cancer and other illnesses.
    Very nice writing! Good luck with all of your other writings and way to show how you feel and hope your future will be like in such a small amount of words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ladies... think about 1984 too and how the technology is manipulated and abused the government in that society. That draws up some interesting ideas about technology today and if it is in fact always helpful... or if it is used to hurt us in ways we don't think about!

    ReplyDelete