Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"There is a universal truth we all have to face, whether we want to or not, everything eventually ends. As much as I've looked forward to this day, I've always disliked endings. Last day of summer, the final chapter of a great book, parting ways with a close friend. But endings are inevitable, leaves fall, you close the book. You say goodbye. Today is one of those days for us. Today we say goodbye to everything that was familiar, everything that was comfortable. We're moving on. But just because we're leaving, and that hurts, there's some people who are so much a part of us, they'll be with us no matter what. They are our solid ground. Our North Star. And the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us … always." - Graduation Speech from Castle. 


Granted, a tv writer wrote this but it's still touching and I'm starting to realize more and more how much I want to say goodbye to some people and how much I want to hang onto others and not let them go.

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...i'm sitting here in the library. and i feel like i'm gonna cry.
    there is TONS of people i cannot wait to get away from...but then again...there is so many close friends that i don't wanna say goodbye to...
    :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok Jen, you can just tell me that you're going to miss me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching this episode with my mom. The realization started to hit me when I heard her speech. I only hope our class speech will be just as powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra: i agree...and disclaimer I will probably cry if Stariha's presentation is touching at all on Tuesday. I hope you're with me on that one.

    Christian: yeah, I'm probably gonna miss how much you say you hate me. Guess you'll just have to text me random "Don't forget- I hate you" texts. OR you can visit me in South Africa!

    Sarah: I have faith that our class speeches will be powerful...a little bird told me they were very good and that Maddie's blew it out the water. I'm excited to hear all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stariha...presentation. what? oh my gosh.
    i think i'm gonna cry right now.
    oh Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that's why we have to come in on Tuesday, she's saying good bye in a presentation to us...which means I will probably crying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that you shared this.
    It's really hard to notice when things come to an end though, right? You don't really think about it until right before it strikes. I don't know...I've been thinking about graduation more and more and realizing that yes...high school life is ending, but it's also a new beginning. So yeah..I don't really want to say alot about this right now. haha..just those 'basic' undeveloped thoughts.

    ReplyDelete