Thursday, May 17, 2012

Last Quotes:

So I missed the quote circle so here are some of my favorite quotes:
TEWWG-
pg. 160 "Their souls asking if He meant to measure their puny might against His. They seemed to be staring at the park, but their eyes were watching God.
pg. 192 "Two things everybody's got tuh do fuh themselves. They got tuh go tuh God and they got tuh find out about livin' fuh themselves."

BLUEST EYE-
pg. 206 "When the land kills of its own volition, we acquiesce and say the victim had no right to li ve.
"She, however, stepped over into madness, a madness which protected her from us simply because it bored us in the end.
pg. 204 "Beating the air, a winged but grounded bird, intent on the blue void it could not reach."
pg. 173 "The most exquisite-looking ladies sat on toilets, and the most dreadful-looking had pure and holy yearning."
pg. 126 "She was older now, with no time for dreams or movies. It was time to put all the pieces together, make coherence where before there had been none."
p.119 "Pauline did not really care for clothes or makeup. She merely wanted other women to cast favorable glances her way."
pg. 117 "But even before the little brown speck, there must have been the conditions, the setting that would allows it to exisit in the first place."

THE COLOR PURPLE-
pg. 291 "Dear God. Dear stars, dear trees, dear sky, dear peoples, Dear everything. Dear God."
pg. 240 "No, I said, it isn't the resentment, exactly. It really is indifference. Sometimes I feel our position is like that of flies on an elephant hide."
pg. 217 "I plan to make them by hand. Every stitch I saw will be a kiss."
pg. 294 "But I don't think us feel old at all. And us so happy. Matter of fact, I think this is the youngest us ever felt."

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have saw this, this morning. I would have loved to use that stitch one with pg. 217.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love the stitch one! I used it for question #4 (:

    ReplyDelete