Friday, April 13, 2012

Leah's Sons

Kingsolver is such a terrific writer, there's so many little things that connect with other things in the book. I always get excited when I find lines like that. My favorites are Ruth May's Death, Nathan's Death, and Leah's sons. Since we have talked about the first two I want to talk about the third.
Leah's sons are each like one of the sisters. The oldest is most like Rachel, and is off chasing girls most of the time. The middle child is like Leah, he studies his books and helps around the house. And last but not least the Adah look a like...well maybe not look a like but he broods just like she does, he writes poetry and loves to read. I love that she made the kids like this, it fits so perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. You know I actually have never really caught that before... that is really neat. I love how each time I read this book with different students, I can get something new out of it! That's good writing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we don't get to see what Nataniel becomes as he gets older. It would be interesting to see if he ended up like Ruth May or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she said Nataniel is like Adah, she only has four boys, she said that he was the one who is in to poetry and broods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a really cool connection, wayy to find it megan.(:

    ReplyDelete