Friday, February 10, 2012

Dos Quotes for All Y'all

"Nobody but the dead know whether all these things people talk about are worth dying for or not. And the dead can't talk."

I think this quote really wraps up the end of book one. I think it might also be foreshadowing because Joe often likens himself to the dead (and I'm aloud to say that because I haven't started book two).

"He thought why don't they take him out and shoot him while there's still something worth while in him?"

This one really captures his attitude in book one. OK I lied there's one more quote I want to share but we may have already mentioned it in class.

"Maybe nothing was real not even himself oh god and wouldn't that be wonderful."

1 comment:

  1. I love that first quote especially... it nicely sums up the purpose of Book 1... a voice for the dead. An answer to the questions: what is lost in war? Is it worth it? Joe really seems to respond to those that say "These men died gloriously on a field of honor..." "Willingly gave their lives for a noble cause..."

    ReplyDelete