Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lots of stuff!

So, at about 8:00 last night I suddenly felt the erg to rewrite my personal narrative. My original paper was not that great, lets be honest Casey and Taylor, so I decided the best thing I could do is start over. I completely changed my topic. Originally, I was avoiding the topic of my brother Benjamin, and decided to take the paper in a different direction. But, last night I realized that I was not being true to myself. Our personal narratives are suppose to be the thing, or person, who made the biggest impact on our lives, and I know in my heart that it is my brother that has impacted me and made me the person that I am.

Originally, I did not feel comfortable writing about this because it is something extremely personal. But then I realized that other people were sharing extremely personal things so I felt good about changing my paper. Thanks for sharing everyone!

I'm totally changing gears now but I am kind of sad that we are taking our final test over our final novel tomorrow! I never thought I would say this but, I am sad to be done with our class discussions! I got so much out of these books because of my fellow classmates! Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions, you have helped my greatly!

And in case I don't get a chance to say this later on, College English has been worth all of the stress and work. I already know that this was the right decision for me. I feel so much more confident knowing that I have had this experience when I go into my first year of college. Thank you so much Mrs. Stariha for motivating me to do my best! I appreciate all of your hard work as a teacher and I will for sure recommend College English to underclassmen!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you found what you truly believe is right!

    As for the message at the bottom, it's nice, but only seniors will read this... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still very nice to hear it. Thanks Emily. I have really enjoyed having you as a part of this class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My paper is also very personal but I'm glad I wrote about one of my fondest memories. It's something I'm never going to forget and something that I actually want to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I was very surprised when you said that you decided to do your paper on benjamin but I think it was a very good choice because it is your story. Like we talked about in personal finance. It is something that shows how you got to the point that you are at today personally. It also shows how you and Jacob got to be so close. I bet it was hard to share this but I think it will really pay off in the end!

    ReplyDelete