Wednesday, May 11, 2011

18

I thought turning 18 would be different than what it really was like. I really feel no different. I'm still close to graduation. I'm still living with my parents and brothers. I'm still going to school. I think being 18 won't sink in until I go to college.

I was watching the office a while ago and heard one of the funniest lines by Dwight (though everything he says is hilarious): "R is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it murder and not mukduk." I was thinking, dang, that's almost a rhetorical analysis. I notice myself analyzing rhetoric ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

On another note, I'm kind of disappointed that I forgot to start a blog conversation about the cycle of victimization, but I belive I understood it for the quiz. I see it all the time in today's society, especially with what we just did as a country. Osama killed us, he made a victim of us, so we killed him, made a victim of him.

Does anyone else have other examples of a modern cycle of victimization? Or one from the book?

2 comments:

  1. Why not school?

    School board is forced to lay off teachers.

    Lack of great teachers makes the school board look bad.


    Sort of reminds me of "Catch 22." THE BOOK, NOT THE MOVIE!

    You can only be removed from the battle field if you are crazy and request to be removed. However, only a sane person would ask to be removed from the battle field. So no one leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's similar Ross, but not quite what the cycle refers to. It's more like this. A kid gets teased in school for being fat, so he starts to beat people up and call people names (he comes a bully). In turn, the kids he beats on go home and smack around their younger siblings to make themselves feel better. And it keeps going and going and going.

    ReplyDelete