Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crossing the Line

I'm sitting in the car right now, getting internet from my dad's evo. We're in Maryland right now--it looks a lot like Michigan, except the temperature is 66 degrees right now instead of the 40 degrees I'm assuming Michigan is. I'm listening to a song by Trust Company called "Crossing the Line" (notice title of blog...). It kinda reminds me of Nathan. I haven't read the book we were supposed to read yet. I tried reading it earlier while laying on Virginia Beach, but it was too windy, so the pages were blowing making it impossible to read. Back to the song and Nathan: I always thought that Nathan crossed the line in going to the Congo. Obviously, the people there didn't really need him--they help him more than he helps them--so he really shouldn't be there. That is kind of like my Mexico trip. We went to be a blessing, but we were blessed overwhelmingly in return. We helped with building things and painting and cooking, and we really wanted to help out with the kids, but they ended up changing us more than we wanted to change them. I'm noticing that I'm having a hard time keeping on the same thought. There are so many things going through my mind right now, so it's difficult to only talk about one thing the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor we are in the same boat except i havnt gone anywhere i was just procratinating HARDCORE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete